1. 100% of the rental cost is requested at the booking and at the arrival day, 500$ caution will be preauthorized on a Lessee’s credit card in case of damage on the cottage. Also a rental agreement will be signed. This agreement will be about the policy and rules following.
2. Cancellation policy
1. Cancellations must be made in writing, sent to the Lessor.
2. If the cancellation is received more than seven days before the date of arrival, the deposit of 30 % will be retained by the Lessor as damages.
3. If the cancellation is received fewer than seven days before the date of arrival, the Lessee must pay the entire rental amount.
4. If the cancellation is received after the date of arrival, the Lessee must pay the entire rental amount, except for the damage deposit, which will be returned.
5. If the stay must be cancelled or interrupted because of unforeseeable problems with the building (water, electricity, etc.), the Lessor will be liable only for the cost of the days rented. The cost for the remaining days will in this instance be refunded, but there will be no additional penalty payable by the Lessor. A shortage of electricity supply which does not exceed half a day will not be considered for reimbursement.
3. Rules: use of rented premises and Lessee's reponsabilities Booking fee
1. Check In time is 4 PM. The time of arrival can be earlier with the Lessor’s permission. Following the booking, an email will be sent to the Lessee with the agreement for the booking.
2. Check out time is 11 AM. Departure time may be extended with the Lessor’s permission. Please ensure that all windows and doors are shut and locked.
3. Delayed departure penalties will be charged at a rate of $50 per hour after 11 AM unless otherwise agreed on this contract.
4. The Lessee is liable for material damage in or to the unit rented, its land, its buildings and property either inside or outside during the rental period for any cause whatsoever, except damages resulting from construction defects, lack of maintenance, natural and technological disasters, and any damage normally covered by the Lessor’s residential insurance policy. The Lessee agrees to hold the Lessor harmless from any claim whatsoever resulting from damages for which the Lessee is responsible.
5. The Lessee declares having seen the cottage, having found it in perfect condition and declares being satisfied with its condition. The Lessee must inform the Lessor of any damage or breakage caused during the stay.
6. The Lessee must be at least 21 years of age and is responsible of the actions of all other person on the rental premises. The Lessee agrees to bare full responsibility for the people that share the rented unit.
7. Lessee exchange will not be allowed during the period of the agreement (No subletting).
8. All children below the age of 14 must be under the supervision of an adult at all times.
9. The Lessee agrees to respect the rental premises and leave them in the same condition as when they were rented. Furniture and objects for the Lessee’s use must be handled with care and used only for the purposes for which they are intended.
10. The Lessee agrees not to use any premises other than those rented and to respect the property of neighbors and other local residents.
11. The Lessee agrees to abide by reasonable rules of conduct and not to disturb neighbors or other local residents. The Lessee must keep noise to a reasonable level, both inside and outside the unit. Noise must be kept to a minimum after 9 PM.
12. The number of people authorized to stay in the rental unit, as indicated in this agreement, may not be exceeded at any time.
13. Please refrain from discarding objects that may obstruct water pipes for the taps, sinks, toilets, baths and showers. Failing to do so may force the Lessor to charge the maintenance expenses to the Lessee.
14. Smoking in the rented accommodation is strictly prohibited. Smoking outside is allowed but cigarette butts must be disposed of in the ashtrays provided.
15. If the smell of smoke or traces of smoking are detected in the rented unit, cleaning fees will be retained from the deposit. It is forbidden to leave cigarette butts on the floor or on the surrounding land. No littering is allowed. The same cleaning fees may be retained for the cleaning of the outside of the property and land.
16. It is important to respect natural surroundings & wildlife at all times.
17. Camping is forbidden. Tents, campers and camper vans are prohibited on the premises.
18. Outdoor fires must be limited to the prescribed campfire areas. Fires must be under the constant watch of a responsible adult at all times. Fires must be extinguished every evening before bedtime.
19. For safety reasons, the burning of candles in the rented accommodation is strictly prohibited.
20. Fireworks are not allowed.
21. The speed limit on the road to the cottage is 25 km / h.
22. When you leave, please make sure not to bring all your personal belongings.
23. Please do not bring outdoor the cottage furniture, towels, sheets, pillows, cushions and blankets.
24. Pets are not allowed.
25. Firearms are prohibited.
26. The use of snowmobiles and all-terrain vehicles is prohibited.
27. The cottage must be returned in an acceptable state. The Tenant shall be liable for any damage or deterioration of the premises, equipment and accessories
28. The Landlord cannot be held responsible for any interruptions beyond its control of electric utilities and running water.
29. If a spa or sauna is available, the landlord lets them off for repair or any reason it deems necessary and the tenant and guests agree to take a shower before each use. If heavy cleaning due to the actions of the tenant and his guests, additional fees will be charged up to $ 75. Please note that children under 10 are not allowed.
4. Important conditions
1. The Lessee agrees to respect the rules of the establishment at all times. This commitment also extends to people accompanying the Lessee and his or her guests.
2. In the event of the rental contract being breached, the Lessor may decide to unilaterally terminate the agreement without formal notice or delay. The Lessor will keep the total amount agreed in the rental agreement and the Lessee will not be entitled to damages or reimbursement.
3. The establishment may be rented for vacationing purposes only.
4. The Lessee may not transfer his/her rights under this rental agreement or sublet the unit.
5. If, on the date of departure, the Lessee does not leave at the time stipulated in the agreement, additional charges of 50 $/hour may apply.
5. Checklist before leaving the unit
Before leaving, the Lessee must ensure that:
1. The dishes are done.
2. The floors are clean and broomed.
3. All fires inside and out are extinguished.
4. The garbage is left out in designated areas.
5. The windows are closed and locked.
6. The outside doors are closed and locked.
An additional 200 $ in damages will be charged to the Lessee if a lack of compliance with the checklist above is noted.
For any health related emergency, Dial 911. The closest hospital is Saint-Charles-Borromée located 30 km away from the premises.
Ps: These regulations may change without notice by the Landlord.